Child benefit for everyone
Child benefit is awarded to all children in Wallonia.
Every child is entitled to a baby bonus, a basic amount and an annual allowance.
The existing (federal) system remains in force, although a number of new rules apply to all children from 1 January 2019.
From 1 January 2020, the new (regional) amounts will apply to all children born on or after 1 January 2020.
For children born before 1 January 2020, the “old” (federal) amounts will be retained until completion of their studies or up until their 25th birthday.
The maternity allowance is a one-off bonus that parents receive upon the birth of a child.Are you pregnant? Congratulations!We pay you the bonus 2 months prior to your expected due date at the earliest.
Birth before 2020
- Father and/or mother’s first child: : 1297,92 euros
- Second and subsequent child: 976,53 euros
Birth from 2020
For every birth: 1100 euros
Upon application, the child benefit fund calculates the amount you will receive based on various factors. Child benefit is comprised of various components:
- Basic amount: everyone who is entitled to child benefit receives this amount. For orphans, this also includes an orphan's allowance. The amount increases incrementally from the first to the third child. The same amount is paid for every subsequent child following the third.
- Age supplement: your child receives a higher child benefit as he or she gets older.
- Disabled children allowance
|Basic amount||Per month|
|1st child||95,80 euros|
|2nd child||177,27 euros|
|3rd child||264,67 euros|
Annual age supplement
The annual age supplement, also known as the school bonus, is a supplementary allowance that you receive each year in August, together with your child benefit for the month of July.
The school bonus is paid automatically.