Frequently Asked Questions: School-leavers

  • Schoolverlater

    Do I have to register as a jobseeker in order to receive Child Benefit?

    In Flanders, registration with the VDAB is not mandatory for commencing 12 months as a job-seeking school leaver. We do, however, recommend that you actively register via the website or the freephone number 0800 30 700!
    In Brussels and Wallonia, registration with Actiris or FOREM is mandatory for commencing the period as a job-seeking school leaver. You can do this by signing up on their website or visiting your local Actiris or FOREM office.

    Discover everything you need to know about Child Benefit for school leavers here.


  • Schoolverlater

    Am I entitled to Child Benefit or the Growth Package as a school leaver?

    Have you graduated or completed your studies? Then you might still be entitled to Child Benefit as a school leaver. Different conditions apply, depending on the region in which you live. 
    View the conditions that apply to Child Benefit for school leavers here.